Baby Brother has a name …
We've actually had it picked out for quite awhile … it's been the front-runner since before he was conceived ;) and we really never came up with any others that really competed. We used very similar thinking to the way we named Weston. We just really like Bowen and don't know anyone with the name, so it's unique, but not weird. So far, people don't have trouble pronouncing (like Owen but with a B) or spelling it, which is excellent. And we think it sounds good with Weston. We picked Lane for the middle name after me because my middle name is Elaine. Weston has Tim's middle name, Scott, and we like having the family tie in the name there. Oh, and the main question we get asked is will we call him Bo? The answer is no we won't, but I'm sure it will happen, at least on the sports field. People asked us the same about Weston, would we call him Wes … we haven't and no one else really does although he has a couple of other nicknames.
I love having his name already picked out and I am liking it more all the time! I wouldn't mind at all hearing if you are a fan, too :) Its so fun to think about him and pray for him and talk to and about him using his name. We've definitely used it with Weston too, I think he's starting to get it. He understands baby brother and can say a version of that … and tonight I asked him to say Bowen and he said "Bowie" and hit his hand on my chest … close enough ;)
And, he has started saying his name. He had never used it before, but a few weeks ago I asked him if he could say Weston and this is what followed (so glad Tim had the camera in hand!) …
He's been saying it ever since and I think its adorable :)

yay! love it! so fun! ;o)
ReplyDeleteYou do know someone named Bowen but doubt it was front of mind. Dr. Bowen is our neighbor in CA who puchased parcel 3 from us. That is the highest point we four-wheel to. He also treated your mom when she broke her arm (elbow?). He runs the hospital in Willits and flies his plane for Doctors Without Borders. Will be easy for me to remember just to think of walking down Bowen Lane. Ha!
ReplyDeleteHehe! That video is TOOOO cute!! I've only gotten one "Ewewett" from Ev. Toddlerspeak is too funny. Love the name Bowen. You're right, it goes great with Weston. And Lane is great too. Congrats, you're gonna love having two.
ReplyDelete