Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Lessons learned from the splash park

You are welcome in advance for this public service announcement.

Weston and I met some friends at the Pflugerville splash park today in a nearby neighborhood. It was awesome :) we'll be going back for sure. Weston wasn't totally sure about it at first, but we stayed alot longer than I thought we would and he wasn't ready to leave yet.

Which leads me into the lessons I learned as a mom today. Number 1 being that the splash park is not a place to "get some sun" ... if you have even the remotest desire of it being even. I am sharing this with you in hopes that other moms will learn from my pain. And I realize I am risking much ridicule from my parents and husband who have repeatedly told me I know better. Which I do ... But pale skin over here is sometimes willing to take a risk to get just a little color.

Well, I got color. Way more than just a little. Beat red was not exactly what I had in mind. Nor was my back the place I was hoping for said color as it's covered in basically everything I wear.

This, friends, is what happens when you spend time at the splash park ... With your toddler ... Who you bend over to talk to and play with and corral. Oy.

The front ... Minimal to no sun.


Even my face seems untouched. I did use my moisturizer that has SPF 15 ... But that was last night. Way to go Olay.

The back ... Well it's a different story. Yikers.



Note to self/all: sunscreen works. Weston isn't even a hint pink.

Miserable peeling to me!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

4 comments:

  1. I feel your pain.

    (I got a little "too much" at the beach last week, too.)

    And I also know better.

    (Is this a disorder? Or is it cultural brainwashing--I take an awful lot of "risks" in the name of 'getting a little sun.'??)

    How brave of you to document it online, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. uh...wow!!!!! Time to invest in aloe, haha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know better! Note to self, "My skin is not that much different than Westons. If I put sunscreen on him then I need to put it on me". Take it from me, we may have - or in my case had - dark hair but man do we pull in the sunshine! Love you, Dad

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow. Your back looks painful. I did that one time in Panama. Went out with no sunscreen --- don't do that when you are sitting on the equator. I peeled and ached for weeks! I too am learning about sunscreen! When I put it on Caden & Caroline, I douse it on myself too --- trying to keep their skin creamy white as long as I can! Don't want them to blame freckles on me when they get older!

    ReplyDelete