Tuesday, March 29, 2011

A (very) tired bear on a boat

These photos tell the story of our very, very tired bear and his boat trip through the bay late Friday afternoon.  With such a short time in the city, Buddy had to make it on just one nap a day.  We thought all the new things would be enough to keep him entertained … but that only lasted so long … and not nearly as long as we thought.  But, we tried to make the most of it.  San Francisco is such a wonderful city and the bay is full of beautiful sights and rich history.  Tim manned the camera and soaked up all the history and I tried to tame the bear and enjoyed the wind in my hair (I'm a poet).  We enjoyed it and definitely made some memories!  Grizzly bear or no grizzly bear. 

Be fore-warned, there are lots of pictures on this post … many that look very much the same.  But they all make me laugh remembering all the different stages of the melt down and the different antics I tried to keep it at bay (pun intended) as much as possible.  Many of these are some of my favorites from the trip.
Zoned out. Tell me there is a bed on this thing.

Really.  Need sleep.

Giving it my best.  Don't think he's buying.

This works.  Nothing better than my cuddly bear!  A favorite pic for sure.

W was not a huge fan of the wind.

Taking refuge inside.  Excellent idea.

Kisses for daddy outside.
Look … almost a smile!

Tasting the wind?!?

If you can't beat 'em, join 'em.

And he's done.

He's Weston the Sailor Man. Toot. Toot.

That wasn't very funny, Mom.

But Daddy is funny!  Yay!

Rounding the Rock, melt down was imminent.  This was the calm before the storm.

And even a little smile :)

4 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh! I love the ones of you and W looking through the window...and the ones with his tongue sticking out. Despite the imminent meltdown, you got some adorable pictures. Althoug, I wonder how much of the bay you actually saw. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, hi...could you have possibly gotten more precious pictures?!?! All of the 4 recent posts are just exploding with sweetness.
    Just had to say that you are one photogenic family and it looks like you made some sweet memories. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all those pics, Danielle! Super sweetness! And like Cheryl said, so photogenic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! First of all I must say that you look absolutely gorgeous in the pics! And on top of that Sweet Weston and that adorable hat. I'm so glad yall captured these precious pics! Looks like a wonderful time! Miss you!

    ReplyDelete