That's exactly what we've been doing around here! The fall is such a fun time in our family … everyone in our immediate family (except our nephew Jackson, he's special!) has a birthday in the fall. All of those with all the fun holidays makes for a super fun but super busy time of year! Sorry, in advance that this post has no pictures :( …
In the past six weeks, we have:
- Hosted our small group for Halloween … we camped out in the garage with kebabs and handed out candy … so fun! And we had three adorable babies in costume … can someone say, photo op?
- Celebrated my birthday (Nov 7) … despite our thwarted plans of going to the first annual Gypsy Picnic (it was way crowded, glad we heard about it before trying it) … we had a great day together!
- Celebrated Weston's first birthday Thanksgiving morning with Country Crunch Pancakes with Granna & Grandpa Kuykendall and Nana & Aunt Kendall Lindsey
- Later that night we hosted Thanksgiving for our family and friends, 22 in total. It was the 4th Annual Mayendall Thanksgiving … check out the Casa de Mayen blog for pictures and a hilarious video at the end with the kids on the couch! I highly recommend Thanksgiving with a big group … it is always a blast and doing the meal potluck style means that no one is overly stressed out! Definitely some of my favorite memories!! Oh … and WHOOP! Way to go Ags :) What an excellent first birthday present ... a W for W!
- On Saturday, we had Weston's big little man birthday party! It was so fun :) It was a tricky weekend but we still had many family and friends who were able to celebrate with us! Our friend Heidii blogged about it here ... thank you!!!! I don't have all the pictures yet, but I'll try to post more later. Such a fun day!
- That Sunday, we headed to church to see two of our favorite girls, Contessa and Anjali, dedicated!
- Then that afternoon, we headed to Texarkana with Nana and Kendall. Thank you SO MUCH for driving mom!
- Then on Monday night, our wonderful friends the McGary's (who now live in Nashville but came to Austin to celebrate with us over the week) stayed the night in Texarkana on their way home. It was such a treat to have a wonderful in-person, hours-long, late night chat with these amazing friends. We miss you everyday.
- Wednesday, I played photographer for Kendall and her BFF downtown. SUCCESS!
- Thursday, I had a fever, went to the doc (upper respiratory infection), got a shot and slept alot. Ick. So grateful to have so many helping hands around for Weston!
- On Friday (Dec 3), we celebrated Tim's birthday with his parents at Zapatas in Texarkana. Yum-O!
- Then on Saturday, we had my sister Kendall's 16th birthday with her best friend! The theme was boots & bling sweet 16! Oh my … I will definitely be writing more about this later! :)
- And finally, on Dec 7, Kendall actually turned 16 and got her license the next morning! I. Can't. Believe. It. She and Libby (Lady Liberty, her new-to-her Jeep Liberty) are thrilled to be cruising the streets of T-town!
- Wednesday, Weston and I made the trek all the way home! It only took us 8 hours (should be 6 sans baby) and he was a trooper! Many thanks to the borrowed DVD player that helped us through Dallas traffic and the last leg.
And now I'm looking at the calendar and realizing that my older sister's birthday is in 10 days, Christmas is in 15, my best friend's is in 17 … and then in 21 days, 2010 will be over. I am pretty sure I say this daily these days … but where is the time going??
I wanted to do Christmas cards this year … but I'm realizing that that just might not be feasible :( … or maybe they'll be New Years cards ;) … **Believe it or not, I got motivated actually got these out!
I've had so much fun planning and hosting and celebrating special moments with so many family and friends! Even though its been exhausting, I wouldn't mind reliving these past 6 weeks over again … but hey, that's what pictures and memories are for, right? And besides, CHRISTMAS IS COMING!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment