Friday, January 28, 2011

Jewelry Art

I had an impromptu decorating/organizing moment today while I was unpacking. I was inspired by a few necklaces I got while we were in Florida at Forever 21 (can't believe I just now discovered this jackpot!) and I couldn't bare just putting them in the drawer.

So now, we have some new "art" in the bathroom!


I used some glass marbles glued onto images from magazines and attached them to thumb tacks. I have a stash of these marbles already with the images on them as I've used them for magnets and as the centers of ribbon flowers that I make. They are so easy to make and fast. I have probably gone a bit overboard in using them in various places around the house, but they just make me happy :)





And now, I can enjoy my pretties on a daily basis since I don't often wear them much these days with my curious little guy!



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

5 comments:

  1. You are insanely clever my friend! I marvel!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So creative! I totally thought these were knobs from somewhere like World Market.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, love! Totally going to have to "steal" this idea! :o) Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it! What kind of glue did you use to attach the magazine prints to the marbles?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Why don't you just do a how-to blog post for us. Heehee! :)

    ReplyDelete