Hi, my name is Danielle and I am obsessed with fonts and all things typography related. I also love to make things. Which is why I have loved my job … but unfortunately, that has been the only creative outlet I've had the energy for lately.
BUT … since I am now on maternity leave, I had the chance to other day to have some crafting fun. Now, it's nothing big, and it was kinda spontaneous, but it was oh-so-fun and I just have to share!
I bought some solid colored onesies at Target the other day for layering purposes. As I was getting them ready to be washed, I remembered the (ridiculously large) stack of iron-on letters that I have saved from my college days … and I went to work! I think they are pretty fun, maybe not as impressive as sewn or appliqued work … but still fun!

I really have to keep myself in check that I don't go overboard decorating with words. Because, I honestly have ideas for every wall in my house that involves letters in one way or another. At one point, my plans for Weston's room were the same, there was some sort of writing on every wall. But I have amazed myself with my self-control (I'm not the most disciplined person you'll ever meet) and am very pleased at the tasteful use of letters in his room.
I got these adorable letters from my best friend & college roomie Kathy and was trying to figure out where they would best work in his room. With some help from Mom & Tim, this is what we came up with … isn't it fun?

Oh my gosh they are so very cute!! I love them all but especially the small Kuykendall...I can just picture his little legs and precious tiny feet and toes wiggling below:)! You are indeed talented and I'm just hoping that when I become a mommy one day those skills will some how just show up! Glad you got to creatively love on little Weston!
ReplyDeleteLove where you chose to put the letters! I need that little man to come out now and meet his friend. :) Although, Weston will be much more stylish.
ReplyDeletesuper cute! I love the white one the best. way to channel that energy. ;o)
ReplyDeleteOh the Small Kuykendall one is just the absolute best! I LOVE it! Every time I see unique fonts, I think of you! You are so talented and I'm glad to see yet another expression of that talent! Love you!
ReplyDeleteCongrtulations Tim and Danielle, I am so excited that he finally made an appearance. Dan told me how long you were in labor and that you had to have a c section. I cannot believe he weighed 10lbs and 10 ounces. That's bigger than I was and I thought I was the biggest Lindsey baby... oh well.. I have now lost my 1st place status. Even though he is actually a Lindsey-Kuykendall baby.. it still counts!!
ReplyDeleteI love you both, Aunt Lynn